1. Mix coconut aminos, rice vinegar, molasses, and brown sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. When done cooking, drain, rinse, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pepper and carrots. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Put lid on pan and let veggies steam for 2-3 minutes. Put veggies on a plate or in a bowl and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until cooked through). Shrimp will be bright pink. Put on a plate or in a bowl and set aside.
5. Return pan to stovetop. Return heat to medium-low. Add half of coconut amino mixture, half of noodles, half of shrimp and half of the veggies. This is also a good time to add the bean sprouts. Stir until mixed evenly. Then add the remaining coconut amino mixture, noodles, shrimp, and veggies. Stir again until mixed evenly. Add sea salt and garlic powder as desired for additional flavor.
This recipe idea came from www.spendwithpennies.com on Pinterest. However, I modified some of the ingredients to meet the needs of our house.
1. Heat butter or cooking oil in stockpot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, turkey sausage, onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté until ground turkey and turkey sausage are browned.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beef broth, Italian seasoning, and Better than Bouillon. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add rice and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. If you heat the rice much longer, it will start to absorb more liquid.
4. Add salt and pepper as desired for extra flavor.
5. The flavor of the soup was just as great if not better on day 2 or 3 as leftovers.
This is a great marinade for boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can grill the whole breasts or sauté chicken slices in a pan. Serve with steamed or roasted veggies over rice.
1. Mix all ingredients. Add 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinade for 1-2 hours. Cook with desired method.